Address / Directions
|Universitaetsbibliothek Tübingen |
- Aerial view of the University Library
- Guidance System of the University Library
University Library, Ammerbau, Level 3,
Wilhelmstr. 32, 72074 Tübingen
+49 7071 29-72846 (Mon-Fri 9 am-4.30 pm)
WhatsApp: +49 1733125617
information, @ub.uni-tuebingen.desend a message
The university library (Wilhelmstr. 32) can be reached from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) in around 15 minutes on foot. (Walk over the Neckarbrücke and continue on to Mühlstraße, which in turn leads directly on to Wilhelmstr.)
It takes approx. 5 minutes to travel by bus from the main bus station (opposite the train station), alighting at the bus stop "Uni / Neue Aula":
Bus route 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 17 (Stadtverkehr Tübingen)
There is no reserved parking for library users travelling by car. We suggest approaching the library via Keplerstr. to look for a parking space on Brunnenstr. or in the car park on Brunnenstr.
The Branch Library Natural Sciences and the Branch Library Schloss Nord belong to the University Library.
Branch Library Natural Sciences and PCB-Bib (pharmaceutics, chemistry, biology)
University Library, Lecture Center,
Auf der Morgenstelle 16, 72076 Tübingen
+49 7071 29-74229
+49 7071 29-74527 (PCB-Bib)
+49 7071 29-4229
morgenstelle, @ub.uni-tuebingen.desend a message
Mon-Fri 8 am-7 pm
The branch library is approx. 3 km away from the main university library and can be found on the natural sciences campus to the north-west of the town, "Auf der Morgenstelle".
You can reach the library:
- Take the no. 5 bus and alight at the bus stop "BG Unfallklinik" ( (Stadtverkehr Tübingen)
- By car: Follow the signs towards Kliniken (Berg) / Universität Morgenstelle. Unfortunately, there is no reserved parking for library visitors.
Branch Library Schloss Nord
University Library, Castle Hohentübingen,
Burgsteige 11, 72070 Tübingen
+49 7071 29-74520
Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
The Branch Library Schloss Nord (No 78 in the map) is approx. 2 km from the university library at the castle Hohentübingen.
Youcan reach the library
- by bus (Tübingen City Transport)
- line 6 to the Neckarhalde stop,
- lines 9, 11 and 12 to the Haagtor stop,
- lines 1-13, 16-18 and 21-23 to the Neckarbrücke or Nonnenhaus stop.
In each case, a walk up the Schlossberg follows (approx. 5-10 min).
- by train: 2 km walk from Tübingen main station.
- by car: Please note that there is no parking directly at the castle. Instead, use the parking garages Altstadt-König (Herrenberger Str. 2) and Altstadt-Mitte (Am Stadtgraben 13).
Accessibility & Inclusion
Several handicapped parking spaces are available in the courtyard of the castle. Use the entrance IANES, there is an elevator. (Site plan)
If you need assistance, call +49 7071 29-74520.